Thursday, April 17, 2008

An Expand Personal Story

The following was written this week.....


The Fingerprints of God
Are All Over EXPAND
by Scott Sokoloski, CSF Player


I work for a major builder in Charlotte and deal with the cut-throat world of business every day. Recently, I was able to assist in trying to get the additional 38 acres of land for our EXPAND plans. Through that endeavor, it became clear to me that what Kenny and the lead team are doing is certainly smiled upon by God.

How it all came about is quite remarkable. It’s a long story that I won’t go into here, but trust me when I say it’s the kind of opportunity that is virtually unheard of in the “real world” of real estate. The terms for the agreement are no less extraordinary. There is no doubt that this land is a gift from God; there can be no other explanation.

The group of professionals in the Fellowship who have stepped up to help my company in planning and development would make any organization proud. We are truly blessed to have such a great group of excited, dedicated and visionary folks who see the future NOW and work tirelessly towards making it a reality. The chances CSF will have to impact people locally and globally—as a result of what God is putting in front of us with His plans—is truly awesome and quite humbling for me and my family. We have been moved to do all we can to move EXPAND along with God's help and guidance!

I have been attending CSF since mid 2006. On the suggestion of a very dear friend, Ragan, who is now my wife, I took a chance and came to the service one Sunday at Butler High School. From the moment I approached the door and was greeted, I had a good feeling about CSF. I had not been to church for about 20 years, but after my divorce, I felt pulled to find something I was missing. I had grown up in a stodgy "old school" church and never really got it. At that first service at Butler High, Kenny spoke about what it means to follow Jesus. At 40 years old, at CSF, I found a place and a peace that had been missing from my life.

Since then, I have been able to see both my family and the church family grow and develop. Ragan and I have five children between us from previous marriages. All of our kids look forward to the services, events and camps that CSF offers. What a great chance we now have to EXPAND the possibilities for our children so they can spend even more time getting to know about life with God. My family and I are committed to making this Expand dream a reality.

As the first couple to be married in the new building at CSF, we feel a special connection to this Fellowship and look forward to being a part of the foundation and future of CSF for a long time to come. Thanks to the whole Charlotte South family for making my family welcome and letting us "Do Life Together" with all of you!


That is a great story. Together, we can be a part of changing and impacting more lives! It is time to Expand!

Today's Bible Reading: Matthew Chapter 4