Thursday, February 12, 2009

Parking & Seating Matters

Every Sunday I sit in the "green room" preparing spiritually and mentally for the message I am about to deliver. As I am waiting there I see the flood of Team Church vehicles come pouring onto our campus looking for a place to park. As the minutes get closer to the start of the service....available spaces get fewer and fewer. By the time the service starts (especially 2nd service) there are really no spots open.....our excellent parking team begins parking people around the drop off area and the like. The packed parking lot is great.....except for the people who can't find one.

I need for all those who are here for both services (because you are serving one service and attending another or you are a groupy who just hangs out) to park in the new grass parking area on the hillside or if it has rained recently to park across the street at the warehouse parking. The owners have given us permission to park there when needed. Many first time guest arrive a little late and do not know where to go when they get here. Allowing them to park in the upfront spots allows them to see the signs and main entrance a lot easier. Moreover, it makes their walk time shorter as they may be a little late or need more time to find everything.

Secondly, we need all Team Church regular attendees to sit up front and be willing to sit "cheek to cheek". We are doing the research and will be ready to order our 225 balcony theater seats as soon as we can financially afford to purchase them.(special thanks to those who currently sit in the balcony on the carpeted cement...there is a special place in heaven for you HA HA) Both services are continually over "80 percent" full and that practically means that it feels full and people feel like they can't sit together if they have 4 or more in their group.

Current finances is not allowing us to move forward as planned with new parking, seating and the like. So.....time to Team Up and do the best we can! This is one thing I have always loved about so many of you......you understand that Sunday morning is not always about selfish convenience. Sunday is not just an hour in your week that you show up for a great experience...Sunday is a special day that plays a part in the totality of what it means to be a life-changing church every day of every week in our community.

Great job Team Church!


"Even so, you have done well to share with me in my present difficulty. As you know, you Philippians were the only ones who gave me financial help when I first brought you the Good News and then traveled on from Macedonia. No other church did this. Even when I was in Thessalonica you sent help more than once. I don’t say this because I want a gift from you. Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness.

At the moment I have all I need—and more! I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Amen."

Philippians 4:14-20