Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The "All Seeing" Pill

As I told you this past Sunday, my mom had a heart attack on Thanksgiving morning. Her heart is doing better. However, she remains in the hospital because of some major stomach pain that is not going away. They have run tests, done x-rays and the like. But...nothing has shown the cause of her pain.

Monday night they gave her The Pill. (no...not THAT Pill) They gave her a high-tech pill that actually has a video camera in it. She has swallowed the pill and while it is passing through her system it will give the doctors a clear look at everything that is unseen until now. Things that x-rays can not see will now be seen. How crazy is this technology?

After my mom told me about the pill...I started thinking. What would it be like if we could take a Heart Pill, Soul Pill, Motivation Pill or something like that? Here is what I mean..... What would pop up on the screen if we were to take a spiritual video pill, that while passing through our system showed what we were really thinking? It would display on the big screen the real motivation of our heart. It revealed all the things in our lives that we are so very glad are kept secret and only known between God and us.

I know that there are some times that I would not want much of what I think and feel to be shown on a video screen for all to see and judge. However, if that were the case, I bet I would be better at controlling my thoughts, desires and motivations. The problem is that just like my mom's condition....the unseen will eventually affect the seen. The spiritually smart thing to do is to deal with the issues while they are still small, just thoughts and desires....before they turn into actions.

Today, before you go any further, take time to allow God's Holy Spirit to act like that pill. If you pray, God will reveal to you any and all unseen challenges or sins that are creeping in the unseen dark places of your heart. Once He reveals them....act like a great surgeon and cut it out. You may need to seek help from others...do what you need to do, but, don't let it just sit in your heart and soul where it can slowly grow and become a larger seen problem.

Psalm 139:1-3 "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.

Psalm 139:23-24 "Search me, O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."