Thursday, December 6, 2007

A Blue Christmas!

I sat and ate breakfast with my 9 year-old-son this morning. He tried to hide his disappointment...but it was very clear. He was preparing himself for a Blue Christmas. Again, this year, he has asked for a dog for Christmas. We have said no because of my wife's allergies. He then starts his long list of animals...

Can I have a Cat? No....

Can I have a Guinea Pig? No....

A Hamster? No....

A Mouse? No....

A Lizard? No...

A Snake? Certainly Not!

In his mind, nothing other than some kind of pet will do this Christmas. Hopefully, I can find something without a beating heart that will give him a "Merry...Christmas!"

Do you know anyone who is prepared NOT to have an enjoyable Christmas? They just can't enjoy this time of year? From their hurried schedule,lack of money, and lack of time, to the inevitable visit from their mother-in-law....they need a shot of Christmas time cheer? Then invite them this Sunday as we have an incredible service filled with your favorite Christmas songs, festive decor and a message that will help everyone "Enjoy Christmas Present!"

We offer three identical services to fit your families schedule: 9am, 10:30am, & 12.

Philippians 4:12-13 "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength!"