Friday, December 21, 2007

Last BLOG of 2007

Well...this is it. The Last Blog of 2007. When I started this daily BLOG in August, I said I would BLOG everyday by 10am. I am happy to report that even though Brad Saab our Student Pastor said I would not make it more than 3 weeks, and the rest of our loyal staff gave me through October...I love proving doubters wrong! I have kept the promise and achieved the goal. I have never missed a day or deadline....except for the two times when we had tech problems, but they were still were out by noon!

I also said I would not BLOG on the weekends, my vacation or Holidays when the office was closed. So this is it for 2007. I hope you have enjoyed a daily glimpse into the Bible, CSF and when helpful, my personal life happenings. I am looking forward to using this great tool in 2008! It is our desire that all CSF regular attendees would read this daily BLOG to stay informed about what is going on in and through CSF!

Since many people will start their travels today and January will be here before you know it, here are some things to close out 2007 and then be ready for in 2008!


1) We do not have any Encounter Services on Sunday, December 30th. Our Student Ministry is having a HUGE New Years Eve bash here on the 31st...contact Brad Saab for details.

2) Your Year-End-Gift can be mailed any day in December and still count for the 2007 Tax record. If you forget to mail it.....or you can hand deliver on January 2nd to the office and make it in the 2007 deposit and therefore the 2007 tax record.

3) January 1st starts the BCS Bowl Games in College Football. Always a great week! I am actually taking Peyton to the Cotton Bowl in Dallas...but don't tell him as it is his Birthday gift!

4)New 2 week series starts January 6th: "CHEF...living beyond fast food Christianity". Learn how to feed yourself a spiritually filled gourmet meal on a daily basis! We will be encouraging everyone at CSF to purchase a CSF Bible Journal and we will be reading together all year long!

4) January 9th is our Fellowship Service. Great worship, teaching and specific vision information for 2008. Don't miss this!

5) New THRIVE classes start on January 16th. New classes like marriage enrichment, learning about other religions will make this a can't miss THRIVE for all!

6) January 20th starts a five week marriage series on Sunday called: "How To Kill Your Marriage...5 simple methods."

2008 will be another awesome year at CSF. I am glad you are a part of our Fellowship and I pray that you will know the love, peace, grace and joy that comes from a devoted life to Christ as we journey together with one heart, one passion, one game plan at a place called Charlotte South Fellowship!

See you this weekend!

PS. If you are planning to come on Sunday morning, please consider bringing your family to the noon service. All kids, 1st grade and up will be in the service, so it does not matter what service you attend. We are expecting record crowds for Sunday morning at 10:30 and then again Monday night. You would help with the parking and seating challenges by sleeping in on Sunday and then coming at noon!

PSS...If you know someone from CSF that does not read the BLOG daily, email this to them so they can get the 2008 info!