Friday, December 7, 2007

Role Model

Did you have a famous Role Model when you were a kid? Did you have someone that you imitated and wanted to be like? I believe that as parents we should help and even guide our younger children in helping them to find a Role Model that inspires them. These days, my son is following the college career of Tim Tebow. Tim is the QB for the Florida Gators. His style of play and success on the field is something that is attractive to Peyton.

I have guided Peyton toward him because I love the fact that Tim's dad is a Pastor that leads a mission organization based in the Philippines. Moreover, Tim is known on the Gator campus as a Christ follower who is humble, possesses high character and lives out his Christian faith in the crazy life of college football. It is said of Tim Tebow..."he plays football on Saturday, only drinks milk on Saturday night and then leads a small group Bible study for little boys in church on Sunday morning." The Hibbard's are pulling for him to be the first Sophomore to ever win the Heisman Trophy tomorrow.

Here is a question for you? Is your spiritual life worthy of someone imitating you? What would happen if a boy or girl at CSF chose you to be their Role Model? Would you want other people to follow Christ the way you do? What would happen if people served the way you serve? Tithed the way you do? Shared their faith the way you do? Read their Bible and applied it the way you do?

Tough question....I know. Many times I would not want people imitating me! However, that should be our goal. We should be able to look at any kid or adult and repeat the words of the Apostle Paul...."Follow me as I follow Christ...if you don't know what to do...just do what I do!"

My prayer is that many people at CSF will live a life worthy of being a spiritual role model. Also, at CSF we need adults to step up and serve in our All-Stars Kid's ministry on a weekly basis. More specifically we need some "Men" to step up and become positive role models for the many kids of single mom's we have coming each Sunday. For more information email stacey@charlottesouth.org or Leah@charlottesouth.org

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 "You do not have many fathers, so in Christ Jesus I became your father through the truth of the Gospel. Therefore, I urge you to imitate me!"