Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Faith Of A Child

Last Friday night as I was leaving my house on the way to pick up some wings for dinner; my two-year-old son, Brady, said in a sweet little voice: "you gonna go get me a Robot from target?" All day long he had been telling me how much he wanted a Transformer that he had seen at target the day before.

I did not answer his question. I just said that I would be right back with dinner. As I drove away I thought to myself...."Get that sweet little boy a Robot and make his night!" So I did. I picked up wings and a Transformer.

When I got home I called Brady over to me and asked him what again was it that he wanted? He said..."A Robot!" I said, "close your eyes" he did and then I said "open your eyes" and he opened them to find a shiny new Transformer Robot. He was very excited and it was one of those moments you love being a dad! Plus at this age he is still excited about a gift that cost less than 10 bucks! (The ten-year-old now wants everything Under Armour and other things that cost way more than 10 bones)

Since that night, Brady keeps saying to me..."Daddy, tell me to close my eyes again!" He now thinks that if I ask him to close his eyes then "poof" another Transformer will appear. He has perfect faith that I can produce when I say the magic words and he closes his eyes. His faith is real. The only problem is that I am not worthy of his faithfulness. I can't produce...I am not God.

This Sunday I will be giving a very clear message on a difficult topic. How do we find peace in the midst of life's hard times. Not hard times we brought on ourselves because of mistakes made. We are going to discuss how God Heals Our Hurts when cancer invades our home, tragedy cuts our safety net and life just hurts for no reason at all. Great thing about God....He is faithful and he is worthy of our faith. He always can bring the peace,love and grace we need to heal any hurt.

Don't miss this Sunday. Invite a friend who needs comfort from life's hurts.

Today's Bible Reading. Mark chapter 12

If you were wondering if you should pay your taxes fairly...verse 17 tells you.

If you were wondering if you should be a Steward of your finances back to God..Verse 17 tells you.

If you were wondering if you will have multiple wives/husbands in heaven...Verses 18-23 tells you.

If you were wondering today what is the most important thing you should do with your life.....Verse 28-33 tells you

If you were wondering if you have anything to give to help CSF Expand...Verses 41-44 tells you.

The Bible is so practical and helpful for daily living.