Friday, September 14, 2007

Just My Luck II

It never fails....I teach or now BLOG about something and WHAM! On Wednesday I mentioned that as a person who Tithes and puts my financial trust in God's hand, I never worry about the market dropping, recessions or the like.

Yesterday I spoke at the Butler High School chapel. I had parked in the grass area next to the road like everyone else. When it was over I went to leave and someone had parked behind me next to the field house. No problem, "I have a jeep I will just pull forward over this grassy area and get on the road!

WHAM...while pulling forward my high rise bumper goes over a raised sewer manhole cover. However, it was just the perfect height to crinkle my oil pan and bend the little screw thing that holds the oil in. On my way home, oil is going everywhere and of course it leaked all over my drive way. When I finally discovered it....the stain was there and my blood pressure was starting to rise.

I had my Jeep taken to the dealership where they are quite certain my oil pan and 10 other things are damaged. And of course my 10 year 100k mile warranty does not cover accidents....ARGH!

After putting out 2k to replace my wife's transmission in her van this summer....I am sure glad I don't have to worry about finances! HA HA

Anyway, that is why I am late on the Blog. However, it is still out before 10am!

This Sunday, we need all PLAYERS to park across the street or in the wooded parking area. We are expecting a lot of new people to be here! I hear that most of the Butler High football players are coming, Porter Ridge High School too and a ton of screaming Pop Warner Football players!

I have been told that many Panther Fans from CSF and the area are coming here for the 9am service and then heading to the stadium to tail gate and enjoy the game. All 3 services will have great excitement and anticipation. Best part is that Mike will be sharing about his personal relationship with Jesus Christ and how each person listening can have the same thing!

Come early, park in Player parking and sit up front!