Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

Like many people today, our CSF staff is off and the offices are closed.

I love this holiday.....it is the official kickoff of college football and the week before the National Football League begins. People ask me why I enjoy football so much....

I love the strategy that it takes to go eleven against eleven on every play.

I love the fact that it is a TEAM sport like no other sport.

I love the fact that it takes eleven people working in unison on every play to create success. Eleven people ONE heart beat!

I love the fact that it takes all kinds of people with different skills and passions. You have to have blockers, tacklers, throwers, catchers, runners, kickers, snappers and much more to be successful.

I love the fact that it takes people who are willing to sacrifice for each other and actually endure a little pain now and then to be successful.

I love the fact that it takes muscle and your mind to be successful.

I love the life lessons that football can teach kids and adults.

Sometimes people ask me why I loved starting a church from scratch and being the Lead Pastor of that Fellowship.....the same list applies with the addition that we get to change lives for eternity!