Monday, November 5, 2007

Porch Cafe Conversations

I was told that our first little "out of the nest" parenting talk was being discussed greatly in the Porch Cafe. I know we sold all the books too!

I had a few parents tell me that the reason they love CSF is that we teach on real issues and when they leave on Sunday morning that they, their family and friends have much to discuss. During these conversations in the Porch Cafe, many people were asking about buying a CD of the message and the series. Remember....with technology we no longer have a large overhead expense with reproducing the messages. So, we just offer them for FREE on our website. You can listen in multiple ways via our website.

You can also send the messages for free to people who you think might benefit from one of our messages. I hope you enjoy this FREE tool to help share the good news of Christ and how he can radically help and change our everyday life!

One other thing about The Porch Cafe conversations. I mentioned to all three services that I like sharing personal stories from my home and about my kids that help teach a point. I will share the good and the bad. However, my only request is that you DO NOT go up to my children (right now it is only Peyton who can understand anything you say) and talk to him about what I said. He does not attend our Encounter Services and has no clue what I am saying. Let's keep it that way....Thanks!

In today's Charlotte Observer, there is a story about the growing trend of Helicopter Parents.....check this article out.

http://www.charlotte.com/171/story/348896.html


You are going to love this.....While typing this Chalk Talk BLOG, I get a call from Peyton. Said he forgot his trombone for music class and wanted to know if we would bring it to him....Uh No.......

He said, "everyone's parents bring their instruments when they forget them on music day!" Exactly........