Thursday, March 26, 2009

Summer Camp....help your kids experience something different

I believe in Summer Camps for kids and teenagers. As a youth pastor I saw hundreds of teenager's lives changed at summer camp. I am talking about changes that actually lasted....not emotional decisions that don't make it past the first day home! The last two summers at Team Church we have also seen great success at summer camp.

Summer camp is a time for our kids to get unplugged from all the ridiculous technology that floods their lives....IPOD, XBOX, Facebook, Phones, Internet and the beat goes on. In and of themselves these items are not evil...however, a week away from them can do a lot of good. Camp is a time to get unplugged from the media that does affect their mind and morals.

It is a time to be a kid! To run, play, climb, fall, swim and the like. (It is unbelievable to me that we have to have government and other campaigns that encourage kids to "get out and play.")

It is a time to have great Bible learning and worship every evening so that they can learn that this alone can help them live the best life possible as they strive to be all they can be! It is a time to have caring adults build into their lives at this crucial stage of their maturation process. It is time to be with friends! It is a great time!

Sign up for kids and teenager camps are happening now. You can even sign up now and start paying a little each month as we lead up to Summer.

Kids Camp is June 21st - 24

Student Camp is June 28th - July 3rd

Email clintnewton@teamchurch.com for 3-5th grade.

Email bradsaab@teamchurch.com for 6th - 12th grade.

Also, if you don't have kids that age but would like to help a kid go to camp through helping with scholarship money...let them know that too.

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.