Monday, June 9, 2008

Gotcha!

Admit it.....I "Gotcha" yesterday! I could feel the tension as I started going off on the person who had the phone ringing during the welcome. It was hard for me not to break a smile as I tried to convince each service that I was angry over the phone ringing continually while I was talking.

I had a bunch of people tell me that they were thinking..."man, Kenny is losing it over this phone ringing"...or, "I bet our first time guest never come back"...or, This is not good...." HA HA That was great! It was a perfect example of how our anger outburst can ruin things for everyone.

However, the best part was the fact that in the first and third service....while I was "going off" on the guy with the ringing phone, may people in the crowd start clapping when I said very firmly; "Why don't you turn off your phone..we tell you people all the time to turn off your phones before coming into church...you are not that important!" I could not believe that the madder I acted the more many of you clapped! That was hilarious! One lady in the first service, saw I was "getting mad" so she turned around and said ..."turn off your phone!"

We could not have scripted a better prank to teach a lesson! Many of you said my message was very helpful on the issue of anger. Remember, every message can be listened to in different formats for FREE on our website! Moreover, soon we will have the services filmed and on the website for a high quality video viewing.

Not only was the service great....but the first Sunday of summer saw us continue to have large crowds. As a matter of fact, yesterday was our third highest attendance of the year! These are great days at our church! Glad you are a Teaming up with us to be apart of what God is doing here!

Today's Bible Reading Ephesians chapter 5

Talk about classic verses! Eph chapter 5 is the most used verses for teaching on marriage. Here in verses 21-33 we read about how husbands and wives should relate to each other. We see here very clearly that each spouse is to lovingly submit to the other to meet the other's God given needs. It is in these passages that Paul encourages men to go above and beyond in Loving their wives and women must do all they can to show Respect to their husbands. We each have our own greatest needs....Paul says that we should each submit to meet those needs.

Re-read verse 33....that is profoundly needed in all marriages. As a matter of fact their is a great book called Love & Respect that is based on this teaching that is a MUST read for all couples!