Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I said I would not do it this year...but I did

Last night I watched it......on the DVR so I could fast forward through the commercials....but I did watch it. I laughed, I liked the human stories and as usual I enjoyed the mindless drivel that is American Idol.

I had told myself I would not watch "another" year of this crazy show. However, crafty and smart producers mixed with many foolish people seeking at best...... easy, quick, sudden riches and at worst....they get 60 seconds of ridiculous fame. This makes for an enjoyable laugh every show. Adding the new lady as a full-time judge help to break the 8 season rut of similar banter between the Simon, Paula and Randy.

So I watched.......the whole thing and was glad to hear it comes on again tonight. It is crazy, but, I like it. Ever wondered what makes some people like one TV show and others hate it? I can't stand shows like LOST, Law & Order SVU, ER, 24, CSI, Prison Break and the like. My wife loves them! However, I can watch the same ESPN Sports Center at 11pm ..even though I already saw the first airing of it at 6pm. My kids can watch the exact same DVRed Sponge Bob over and over. For the most part, most of these TV shows are mindless or fantasy and that is why we like it.

So what does this BLOG entry have to do with the Team Church? Nothing really.....just mindless reading today. I will be back to focused values, vision and information you can use on Thursday. However, I bet you laughed a little or at least I made you think about what you do or do not watch.

Actually....here is some info to remember: Team Kid & Pursuit start tonight at 6:30pm.

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible." St. Francis Of Assisi