Friday, January 16, 2009

I would be willing to bet......

I would be willing to bet that the people on the plane yesterday that was bound for Charlotte but crashed landed in the Hudson River were not thinking these things while strapping on their life vest and preparing to crash land in the Hudson River...

.....I wonder how my 401k is doing as the market closes today!

.....I cannot believe that my house is no longer valued like it once was!

.....I am ticked that I was passed over for that promotion!

.....I still can't believe the Panthers lost to the Cardinals!

.....I wish I had spent more time traveling and working and not with my kids!

.....I wonder how my company's stock will do at the closing bell!

.....Man, I am glad that I bought that new flat screen and X-BOX 360!

.....Good thing I stayed mad at my spouse and did not talk to him/her today!

.....Guess if I die,I will go back to dust because their is no God or heaven!

.....No need for a quick prayer, I don't believe in God!

I think you get my point. I watched a few interviews and heard the comments from the passengers. At that moment.....what is really important in this life becomes real clear. Moreover, one guy said....EVERYONE was praying! There are no atheist in foxholes or planes that are cashing!

Last Sunday we talk about the One Purpose of Team Church. This Sunday we will share the life changing practical spiritual commands of God that each of us is to do as we Share in the Responsibility of the Purpose of the church. Four words.....that will change your life.

"I am only one, but I am one!
I can't do everything, but I can do something
And that I can do, I ought to do
And what I ought to do, by the grace of God, I shall do." Edward Hale