Monday, October 29, 2007

Buck Fever

This morning I was driving from Peak Fitness at 6:30am heading to the office. As I was coming down Mount Harmony road a huge six point Buck galloped across the street. This boy was huge! The kind we see every year when we go to my parents house in WVA for Thanksgiving. I could not believe a deer that big was running through the suburbs!

All over the country hunters are getting what they call "Buck Fever." They are getting ready for Deer season so they can go hunting. I personally am not a hunter. I love to be in the woods, love to shoot guns and would think it was great to have a chance to shoot a Buck like I saw glide over the road this morning. However, I don't want to spend the money on all the stuff you need, I don't have the extra time and more specifically I have no interest in spending hours upon hours sitting in a cold deer stand. I have tried it.....my ADHD kicks in about 15 minutes into the "hunt" and I get bored and trigger happy. Once that happens I just want to shoot something and get out of the tree!

I have a question for you? Do you ever get "Lost Person Fever?" Here is what I mean....do you ever get amped up about sharing your faith in Christ with someone you know does not attend church and maybe is not a Christian? Are you willing to take the time, maybe read up, gear up, spend some money or do whatever it takes to help lead someone to Christ? I wish most Christian got as fired up about helping people come to know Christ as deer hunters do about "bagging the big one!"

Jesus tells a parable in Luke chapter 14 that explains what lengths Christians should go to in reaching out to those who are not connected to Christ. He says at the end of the parable..."Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel (do whatever you have to) them to come and hear about the love of God, so that my house will be full!"

Today the streets are full of people who need to hear about the love and grace of Jesus Christ. I hope you are geared up to share with them! We are starting a new parenting series that I promise you will be like nothing we have ever done before. This would be a great series to invite a friend or co-worker to attend.