Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Recommend a Book

As you know, this Sunday we are starting a new parenting series. Whenever I teach on such topics I try to take timeless Biblical truths about parenting and apply them in a life-application way for us as parents today. I also try to read current books by Christian parenting authors who can help shine some light into the sometimes dark holes of parenting. Then, on Sunday, I give what I believe to be a God honoring and helpful message on this tough subject.

I truly believe the topics and direction we are going in this series will be very helpful and is not really talked much about in our current culture.

On that note, I want to tell you about a book we will be selling at cost this coming Sunday at the Porch Cafe. It is a book that I first "had" to read when taking an Understanding The Youth Culture class while in Seminary. While reading it, I remember thinking how good it was and that I thought the principles were on target. I was 22 and single but it seemed correct.

I am now 36 and have 3 kids (ages 9, 5, 2) and believe through my own personal experience as a youth pastor, pastor and especially as a parent that this is a great book. It is not a book that falls in line with the last 25 years of parenting principles...but I believe they are correct and stand in contrast to much of today's philosophy, which is flawed. The name of the book is "Parenting With Love and Logic". We will be selling them for $17 each. They are normally $25 at the book store. However, we purchased a large amount and received a discount.

Send this BLOG to your friends who do not attend CSF. Invite them to this life (KID)changing series!