Friday, October 5, 2007

Life Is A Vapor

Vince Ferens was a friend via Pop Warner football. He coached the other Mighty Mite team last fall for the MARA Colts. He owned a few Moe's Restaurants here in the Charlotte area. He was a good Pop Warner coach. He donated Moe's food last fall when CSF hosted and fed the Porter Ridge varsity football team. He has a wife and three kids. His oldest son is the one who played football with my son Peyton.

Vince was shot yesterday afternoon at one of his restaurants. The guy who shot him and the store manager had been fired a few weeks before and he came back yesterday with a deadly vengeance. Last night at football practice the sad news was delivered to the three teams practicing.

My first thought was how very sad. My second was for his son that is my son's age, his other kids and wife who are now left alone. My very next thought was that I had never asked Vince about what he believed about God. I had never invited him to CSF. I had hoped he would come to the chapel dinner that he was sponsoring.

I was always going to ask him about his beliefs......just never did.

I can only hope and pray that Vince had at one time invited Jesus Christ into his life.....but I will never know.

Please pray for Vince's family.

Have anyone in your life that you don't know where they stand when it comes to eternity? Why don't you call them.....invite them to CSF this Sunday. This Sunday we start a new series...and maybe for some a new life in Christ.