Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wisdom Teeth Principle

My wisdom teeth are killing me this morning and have been for about 3 days. I have tried to have them pulled, but the dentist has told me that my "nerve endings" are touching and even wrapped around my wisdom teeth. To pull them could permanently damage my mouth area nerves where I would have no control of my bottom lip and such. (like when you leave the dentist and can't feel your mouth so you drool everywhere...)

As a speaker....that is not a risk I am willing to take. So, about every 3-4 months my impacted wisdom teeth "flare up" and hurts like crazy. The worst thing is that because all my teeth and jaw area are connected to the same nerves that are around my wisdom teeth, my lower teeth and my jaw ache as well.

Funny how having one tooth hurting can affect all the other teeth and my entire mouth. Which in turn makes my head hurt and so on. While sitting here taking way too many milligrams of Advil, it occurred to me that negativity in any group of people works the same way. One person at the office has a bad attitude...it breeds contempt in the office. One person on a sports team has a bad attitude and does not play with passion and heart, it affects the whole team. (see Panther Defense)

This principle is true in any setting in life where people are together for a common cause. Unfortunately, this principle is also true in churches. Negativity breeds negativity. One persons bad attitude can affect many others. However, the same is also true with being upbeat,positive and having an optimistic view in EVERY situation. Today, as you go to the office, go to Home team, take your kids to practice, or whatever you do...be the one who makes everyone feel better and positive. Don't be the sore tooth that makes everyone close to you feel bad! You have a choice...choose wisely!

Philippians 4:12-13

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."