Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

I hope you had a great Memorial Day and Weekend. I know the Hibbard family had a good time. Peyton had a weekend baseball tournament, we went to the pool that just opened up for the season, we went and saw Indiana Jones, went to the pool, had a cookout with some friends, went to tho pool, took some time and fixed up some things around the house, went to the pool, and really did not venture to far from the house.....gas prices are to high for that! Did I mention we went to the pool!

I also hope that sometime on Monday you stopped and prayed for the families who have love ones fighting for our freedom and that you whispered a prayer for the families of those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. On Monday I did what I always try to do on Memorial Day...I watched the changing of the guards at Arlington National Cemetery on T.V. and had Peyton watch it too. We have taken him there before a few years back and let him see it in person. I have seen it many times as I grew up on the Military base that surrounds the National Cemetery. I always want to remember the sacrifice paid for our freedom and I want my children to grow up honoring the fallen soldiers that are buried there and across the world.

You don't have to agree with the war to honor those who fight for you. They willing serve out of honor, duty and commitment....words that don't always mean as much to many Americans as they should.

Many of you made comments about the song and video presentation we did this Sunday as a Memorial Day tribute. You can actually see the video we made with the song on You Tube. I would encourage you to watch it and then send it around to friends and family. It is a moving tribute and it is also a great way to show people the type of meaningful creativity we do at CSF each Sunday.

One more thing about this weekend. It is the kickoff of Summer. Typically, most people at CSF are gone about 30-50% of the Sundays over the summer. For the first time ever you can keep current on your weekly or bi-weekly giving by using our new on-line giving on our website. It is quick, easy and will allow you to help us stay on financial track all summer!

Today's Bible Reading: Romans Chapter 8

This is a great chapter for what I will be teaching on this coming Sunday. The whole idea of being addicted to something that controls your life. Far to many people are addicted to things that are ruining their lives. Verse 37 is the key....it says that you and I do not have to be ruled by any substance or anything else that may ruin our lives. We are more than conquerors and can be champions in life....if we give our life to Christ and use His power in our life.

What a great way to start off a work week.....we are champions in Christ!