Thursday, May 1, 2008

Expand Devotion/Prayer Day 11

Touching All the Bases: Rounding Third

Praxis means putting our faith into action. Praxis is the point where what we believe and what we do join together. To put it simply, it means walking the walk as well as talking the talk! Now that we have made a faith commitment, and now that we have earnestly sought God’s will in prayer, it is time to turn what we have learned into what we can do and will do.

Now is the time to take inventory. Now is the time to ask, “OK, Lord, what have You equipped me and blessed me to do? What resources do I have to give? How can I think creatively—outside the narrow box of my income and expenses—in order to give myself fully? Are there assets beyond my monthly income that I can give? Can I create new resources to give with my talents, gifts, and time? Does my faith commitment lead me to change other priorities in my life, reducing spending and freeing resources for giving?”

There is no one correct plan that is right for everyone. Making faith real is a unique journey for every individual. Your praxis is your way of walking the walk. We must always be careful to not start well and finish poorly. Many batters have hit a great shot to the fence, felt good while running to first, rounding second and then while the crowd is cheering hit third and stumble...only to fall and get tag out. A lot of hype but no score. Making sure our faith is put into action is to make sure we run the bases well and finish strong.

Bible Verse

People should give what they have decided in their hearts to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

Matthew 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal. You should store up for yourselves treasures in heaven where moth and rust do not destroy and thieves can't break in and steal. Where your treasure is...there you will find your hearts real desires."

PRAYER

Lord, what have You equipped me and blessed me to do? I have heard Your word, help me to be a doer of Your word.

4 days to go.......Lets come ready to celebrate!